Tuesday, July 9, 2013

If we only knew...

Hello Everyone! I am finally able to upload some pictures so enjoy :)
 
 
The children enjoying a puppet show. Today's story: Jesus feeding the 5,000.
 
 
 
Laira and I
 
 
Tino
 
 
 
 Caluane
 
 
Francisco and Debra
 
 
Shakira and I
 
 
Daniella and Camilly
 
 
A few of the boys
 
 
Marcus
 
 
A classic game of pick up sticks.
 
 
Now that is how you make a crazy face!
 
 
He was showing me his muscles.
 
After seeing a few of the beautiful babies I have had the pleasure of being in the presence of the last few days, I bet you are able to see my joy. This precious faces are what I'm here for. As I was showing the pictures to Elaine, the vice president of Kid's Place, she beamed with happiness, as did I, as we scrolled through them. Then, one by one, she started telling me a little about the children, mostly why they were here.

"This one's mother had tested positive for HIV."
"This one's father is in an insane asylum"
"This one had four brother who are all in jail."
"This one's mother is in prison for drug trafficking."
"This one was abandoned by her parents and lived on her own for a month."
 
With each story my heart broke a little more. These little faces, faces I've held in my hands, have gone through more than most of us combined and they aren't even teenagers yet. These smiles, smiles that I see practically every second of everyday, are hiding neglect and abandonment. Take a second to hug the children in your life because we sometimes forget just how different things might be if they had been born to another family, in another country. Without the Kid's Place these beautiful children would most likely be headed down the same road as their parents or family members, however, here they have a chance to rise above with the gentle arms of God, facilitated by the extraordinary people working here. Continue to keep us all (the children, the families of the children, the teachers, the volunteers,) in your prayers!
John 14:18
 
Love,
Me

3 comments:

  1. They are all so precious!!!!! How blessed you are to meet each and every child. Praying for the Kid's Place, volunteers and of course YOU!!!!!!

    Tim and Mara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww such precious faces!! Breaks my heart hearing their stories! Praying for these children and everyone their especially you, they are so lucky to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hands and feet young lady, hands and feet. It is apparent in your posts that any fears or doubts you had have disappeared. You are changing lives. Our prayers remain with you...

    Brett and Sue

    ReplyDelete