Sunday, August 4, 2013

Port of Chickens


Hello Blog Family!


I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. This week has kind of been all over the place. I wasn't able to go to Kid's Place because it was closed this week because school is back in session and we have to rework our schedule. I miss my Brazilian babies. The good part about the week was that I was able to do some vacationing. Raquel took me to this beautiful beach called Porto de Galinhas, which means the Port of Chickens. We also had the company of Simon and Jacob, two German guys who had come to Brazil for the World Youth Day and the Pope's visit. They had traveled all over Brazil these past few weeks and wanted to come with us and we were happy to have the company. We spent a lovely extended weekend there, from Thursday to Sunday, complete with beach laying, swimming out to a reef, feeding fish, and beach walks. I'll include some pictures below. I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I only have two more days here until I depart so stay tuned for more posts. And for all my church family traveling to New Jersey today know that you are in my prayers and I am there with you in spirit. It breaks my heart to miss our annual church mission trip!

 
My German Beach Buddies
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Was the Atlantic cold (brrrr) Have a great trip back to dear ol' Richlands. Tom

    ReplyDelete